Are you a software tech geek that loves to design complex systems? Do you like being an orchestrator that commands machines to do your bidding? If you want to take your unstoppable analytical, scientific, and engineering skills to identify potential problems before someone else does, to help create a smarter, more reliable, more sustainable energy grid, we want to talk to you!
The Technical Architect is responsible for laying the foundation for software that can connect, control and manage equipment that will help to transform our energy grid. This requires expertise in designing and implementing enterprise-level software systems. The hands-on role requires strong development chops as well as great communication skills to sell your architecture vision to a team of talented software developers.
The Technical Architect will be responsible for a broad swath of duties and responsibilities including:
- Provide subject matter expertise around technical infrastructure and applications.
- Designing, developing, integrating, testing, and documenting Iteros’ software back-end computing and API layers.
- Software systems engineering and architecture such as:
- Modeling and prototyping
- Database schema development
- Requirements elicitation and management
Qualifications & Skills:
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, science, engineering, or related discipline.
- Qualifications and skills include experience with the following:
- 5+ years of experience with Java or other object-oriented languages
- Strong pattern-based development
- Work with both relational and non-relational databases
- Linux based operating systems experience
- Quick learner
- Has innovative ideas
- A passion to make a difference in the world!
- An additional three years of relevant experience
- OSGI-based deployments
- Apache Camel, DSL & blueprint
- Distributed caches
- Cloud-computing administration and system architecture
- Web software security practices and implementation
- Protocols such as MODBUS, CAN, and DNP3
- Experience in clean energy, microgrid, and smart grid arena
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to receive equity in the company
- Flexible schedule
Iteros is a growing, venture-backed, energy software company that models, controls and manages sustainable energy systems by optimizing distributed generation, energy storage, and other complementary technologies.